Monday, July 16, 2012

Preparing for the trip

I spent a lot of time on ADVrider and many other forums reading every story I could find about other’s experience with their trip routes, equipment and gear they used. This was also to be my first real camping trip and after reading several books on the topic of motorcycle camping I was inundated by all kinds of advice, I realized there was not going to be any trial runs (which were advised by all publications I read on the topic) As most of my free time was spent preparing the motorcycle and gear I needed, I realized I was severely lacking the time to try how it all works before the big trip. I finally decided on purchasing the tent and camping gear solely based on other’s reviews. Fortunately, in spite of my lack of experience, thanks to the reviews and information sharing from multiple sites, I did not encounter difficulties using these and they proved to be of good quality. Below is a video of my pre departure day while I was very much still trying to figure out all the packing and securing luggage to the motorcycle.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment