Saturday, August 4, 2012

The show must go on

After riding as far as allowed in Denali park, I headed back to town, rain starting to spoil things as usual, but I had seen some of the majestic peaks greeting first time visitors in the park, the rest can only be seen via bus tour or many of the flights offered in the area.

Videos from the park (click to play)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Rain starts setting in again, but I had a chance to see some of the park and I am happy. Video:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I took few more pictures while headed back to town to find a place for the night.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

 

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I got out of rain booking a nice motel room with mountain view, then had dinner in the upscale Denali Princess Lodge restaurant across the street. 

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

While food and wine were a good change from my usual road food, I realized I had grown to somewhat dislike all the atmosphere associated with touristy places and the fakeness that accompanies tourist traps; much rather prefer a meal by a camp fire with a nice company for conversation. That feeling may likely have had to do with one of my previous lives, where I allowed myself  to believe blindly in idols such as the ones below.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

But getting out of the rain in a room was nice for a change, hot shower refreshing after several days in the saddle. My room window was right above the store fronts in  this picture taken around mid night.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

With a little help from my friend Jack Daniel’s and drawing the heavy curtains I soon fell in a deep sleep.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment